We have successfully applied for the deletion of our client’s caution which had been issued for cruelty to a child, namely “assault and ill treatment, abandonment, neglect, and failure to protect” a child under the Children and Young Persons Act 1933, s.1(1).

The caution, as child cruelty is on the DBS’ list of offences that will never be filtered, meant that it would be forever disclosed on both an enhanced and standard DBS check, unless it was deleted.

The client had previously applied with a different firm of solicitors to have her caution removed, without success.

The client was a successful professional but wanted to move into teaching. With the caution for child cruelty on her record it would have been very hard for her to make the move into teaching, and she had already been rejected numerous times.

After we received the police records, we were able to identify issues with the police’s case. We set out our findings to the police, who reversed their previous decision and agreed to delete the client’s police caution from the PNC.

Records Deletion and Suppression Solicitors

We have extensive experience in applying for the deletion of police cautions in relation to many different police forces.

Along with applying for the deletion of police cautions, we are also able to assist with the deletion of PNC arrest records, community resolutions, harassment PINs, Penalty Notices for Disorder (PNDs) and local police records held on the Police National Database (PND).

Along with applying for the deletion of police records, we can also assist with challenging DBS disclosures on both standard and enhanced DBS certificates. Our lawyers also have extensive experience in challenging DBS barring decisions; both appealing existing barrings, or resisting a new barring application.

We can also assist with applying for the removal of online records, such as unfavourable news articles under the right to be forgotten (the right to erasure).

Also if you, or a loved one, has received a restraining order, will will be able to assist in its removal or amendment.